- High Performance for Massive Adoption - The system design should try to meet the performance of popular Web2 service providers and comply with popular Web2 and Web3 standards. The target is both existing BNB Chain clients and traditional Web2 users and developers and Web3.
- Simplified Development Experience - The design prefers this first principle over the other considerations. The system design should try to be as compatible as possible with popular Web2 and Web3 standards. Simple solutions are not only easy to implement, run, maintain, and extend, but also friendly to software performance, which is a main goal of the design.
- Multichain Platform - The design should focus on the core platform and technical foundation that empower fully-onchain or fully decentralized dapps from both computing and storage. provide enough interface, tools, and other facilitation to the developer community to build on multichain architecture.
- Faster uploads and downloads from SP: Currently, the upload speed is about 2MB/s, and the download speed is about 20MB/s. The target is to increase the SP performance by 5x
- Improve BNB Greenfield Blockchain Storage Performance: Currently, BNB Greenfield blockchain can hit the bottleneck of processing 500 transactions per second. The plan is to pinpoint the bottlenecks and introduce improvements.
- Bundle Service : A data bundle puts multiple files into one BNB Greenfield object, which is then sent to the network. This enables the amount of data and number of transactions to scale. Bundle service utilizes local caching to provide real-time queries and ensures that files are ultimately uploaded to the blockchain through backend file management, greatly enhancing user experience and network capacity.
In the current stage, Greenfield blockchain only exhibits a set of basic features that lay the groundwork for more complex developments. Improving the developer experience in subsequent phases of a greenfield blockchain project is crucial for its growth and adoption. Here are some ways this can be achieved:
- Resource tagging and indexing: Tags facilitate efficient sorting and categorization of buckets and files. Leveraging tagging information opens the door to advanced analytics within the Greenfield ecosystem. By referencing the wishlist proposal here, our protocol aligns with the challenge to empower Greenfield with advanced analytics support.
- Simple data migration: Support users to migrate resources from one SP to another
- Object atomic update: Introduce the ability to modify or update an object (such as a document) in a way that ensures the update is performed as a single, indivisible operation.
- Paymaster Out-of-Box: Greenfield Paymaster proposal attempts to introduce a mechanism similar to the paymaster in Account Abstraction into greenfield, allowing the products that built on Greenfield to offer flexible charging options to their users
The BNBChain ecosystem provides the whole solution of Web3. The basic cross-chain programmability is already enabled between Greenfield, BSC and opBNB. Greenfield blockchain will improve the features to become a robust infrastructure.
- Enable Smart Contract as Resource Owner: Smart contracts currently lack the ability to grant permission to other accounts to operate on their resources once they become the owners of those resources. This limitation hinders the scenarios in which smart contracts can function as resource owners. To overcome this issue, a new proposal is introduced to add a cross-chain Permission module. This module will enable smart contracts on BSC/opBNB to take ownership of and control resources, thereby ensuring transparency in all future operations.
- Support cross-chain communication with opBNB and more EMV-compatible chains.
- Aspiring to become the foundational Data Availability (DA) layer for opBNB and decrease opBNB gas price to 10X cheaper. This solution can be reused potentially for other EVM compatible chains as the DA layer as well.
The evolving AI landscape faces challenges that Web3 effectively addresses, offering ownership, decentralization, transparency, and innovation, ultimately contributing to a promising future for the integration of AI and Web3. And the following Greenfield new features is designed to make it possible for AI to be landing on BNBChain.
- Storage Strategy for Massive Data: To fully leverage the Greenfield SP network and provide users with faster data access services, there is a desire to build a multipart storage solution specifically designed for large files on Greenfield.
- Off-chain Generic Computing: Greenfield Executable is proposed to transform data processing for large-scale datasets off-chain to reduce cost and improve efficiency.
Greenfield blockchain technology currently exhibits basic functionality, especially in the context of storage provider (SP) features. The vision for Greenfield includes enhancing the convenience and cost-effectiveness of maintaining SP nodes. Additionally, there is a focus on simplifying the SP exit process.
Allow SP to exit BNB Greenfield and unstake their deposit.
Introduce lightweight architecture of storage provider to reduce computational requirements, lower energy consumption, or a minimized footprint on the devices contributing to the storage network.
- Enable smart contract as resource owner for better permission control from the BSC/opBNB
- Improve Storage Provider performance of sealing objects and GC
- Simple Storage Provider exit process